Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Week-24

Hello all!

Today was temple day so we didn't get a Pday on Monday. 

The baptism on Saturday was so great. There were a total of 3 people baptized this week. Our district leaders companionship baptized a lady named Serena and her mother. It was a miracle how they met. Elder Jackson ( our district leader) bumped into Serena after a lesson and taught her the Restoration right afterward. Then Serena's mom (Cai) started meeting with them too. Elder Jackson told me that they had only known Cai for 17 days before she was baptized. It is such a miracle to see all three of these people get baptized. 

I spoke again during the service. Luckily I didn't forget my talk this time. Since there were Aussie and Chinese people, I had to translate each of my sentences into Chinese and English. It wasn't that bad though. 

The hard part was when I had to translate for our mission president and two other bishops. Funny thing happened. I translated a sentence for President that I wasn't sure of, and I don't know why, but I look to President and say" Is that right?" The whole congregation starts laughing. It's ok though, it will be a memorable baptism.

We met a lady named Jayace (pronounced Jace). She is a biology student at QUT. She has a really interesting personality and she's super funny. After she said her prayer, I said "that was really good!" but she just replied" you have really low standards!" She has lots of questions of what we believe and told us she is looking at a website that has all of the answers to her questions. Now I'm starting to worry...

We met Mathew that same week. He is super genuine. He is an embryologist and grew up going to Catholic school. He was kind of blown away at the first vision, but he committed to read the Book of Mormon. 



I hope that's long enough for you mom.









Love Elder Westbrook

No comments:

Post a Comment