Sunday, June 5, 2016

Week 13

Hello!
We met with Harry this past week. He is our Taiwanese Catholic investigator. He is the most genuine investigator we have now. He is a true follower of Jesus Christ by the way he lives. When we were teaching him, he couldn't get past the idea that the Godhead includes three separate beings, and that the Fall was part of Gods plan for us. He thinks that our life on earth was a plan B since Adam and Eve partook of the fruit. And that the Atonement was a way to fix a problem that Adam and  Eve caused. I didn't think I would ever have a problem trying to teach someone about the Godhead. For me, at least, the Godhead as 3 separate beings just makes sense and is logical. The idea that God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are the same being just doesn't even cross my mind. I am still considering whether to use Bible passages to show that they are separate. I want to use the scriptures to teach him, but also don't want to, in a way. prove it to him. Right now, he is committed to his church, but is still willing to meet with us. That means he still has hope! I keep getting the impression that he will be baptized. Only time will tell.

Love all your emails! Till next week!
Love Elder Westbrook

No comments:

Post a Comment