Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 11

Hello Everyone!
I just got transferred to the city last week. It's sad to leave the Sunnybank area. Elder Fackrell, Liao and I started that area from just one investigator. It was just starting to bloom right as Elder Liao and I left, but I know the Lord has other plans for me and the people I will be serving in Brisbane city. My new companion is Elder Sun Chen from Taiwan. He's really nice, and mature too. He's in his mid 20's. I'll send pictures next week.
The first two days were the hardest. Mainly because my legs were soar from riding up hills on our bikes, and I got transferred to a no-car area. The next day after transfers, we had a 24 hour mission-wide fast to prepare for Elder Anderson of the Twelve to speak . We forgot to eat before the fast so we were pretty much dead. I was about ready to fall on my face!

Most of the investigators here are non-progressing. I haven't been able to get to know all of them yet, but we visited a Chinese couple named Long and Tan. They expressed their desire to be as happy as the people they see at church, and they said they always felt happier when we visit. I was so happy to hear that. That means that the spirit is working with them little by little. I got to know them a little better, and see why they weren't progressing. They want to be baptized, but felt they weren't ready at this time to be baptized. We invited them to ask God if it is the right time to be baptized, and continue to read the Book of Mormon. Right now we are just waiting for the next appointment and follow up.

Love Elder Westbrook

No comments:

Post a Comment